Saturday 22 August 2015

Expressing your creativity


Modern image processing has become quite an art form these days. With the advent of the computer age, numerous opportunities have arisen that challenge the way in which we explore the world surrounding us. Engineers use computers to process data and visualise results, while artists found in this new media an attractive way to express their creativity.

I am by no means au fait with the array of image processing programmes available these days, but I do enjoy playing around in PowerPoint and PhotoShop (which I still haven't QUITE got the hang of!), adding my art or photographs to back-ground textures, many available for free on the internet.

Above I have added two of my sketches to a back-ground texture by Kim Klassen, using PowerPoint. Below is an image from Country Roads on Pinterest, where I have added photographs of my chickens using PhotoShop.

'A walk down Memory Lane'

"From silvery woods there comes a call" - Watercolour forest scene with a wolf (clipart) added in using PhotoShop

"Be still" - Two of my watercolour Arums added to a back-ground texture by Kim Klassen using PowerPoint

"You are ... beautiful!" - Watercolour daisies added to a back-ground texture by Kim Klassen using PowerPoint

::